Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ringing in the New Year

I'm not a huge fan of the sappy and cliche new year's posts, but I am a big fan of starting a new year with a fresh and positive mindset.  For me, my room is my favorite place since it is where I do everything- sleep, think, hangout, get ready, etc.  To ring in the new year with a fresh start, I thought it would only be appropriate to do a room project.  The mission:  Organize 'till the death.  Closet, drawers, de-clutter, you name it.  Once I organized, I actually found my room to look a bit barren so I decided to add a few little decorations here and there to add some liveliness.

Cleaning out rooms and drawers is a simple way to not only organize personal items, but mentally organize as well.  While some people prefer the "organized chaos",  I find it extremely helpful to have everything in a place so that I can pick it up in the exact same place I left it.  When I stay clean and organized in my room, I stay more organized with other tasks.

That being said, two small New Year's resolutions for me will be trying to make my bed every morning and putting everything away once I am finished with it.











How are you starting off the new year?

xo,
Alexandra S.


1 comment:

  1. Every piece in your room looks like it was made to be there!! Any suggestions on how to make a room look more cohesive?

    ReplyDelete