Sunday, November 17, 2013

Autumn Fashion- Menswear for Women

Happy November!  Quick apologies for my hiatus, school has got me busy every second of the day, but I am back now :).

I personally love shopping in the Men's section of clothing stores; I think it offers a ton of great basic pieces that girls can wear in so many different ways.  It is especially easy to wear men's clothing during the fall since they do tend to fit looser which is nice for fall time and layering.  I came up with three different looks with a few of the pieces I have from the men's department.  Let me know what you think!


Look 1:  Girly with  military edge




I took this camo T-shirt that I got on clearance from Urban Outfitters and put it over a simple cotton black dress.  To give the tee a bit more shape on my body I tied a simple knot above my waist and this also helped show off the dress a bit more.  I wanted to be bold so I took a textured circle scarf that I got from a second hand store and added this to my look.  I really like how this added a lot more femininity to the outfit as well as made it more autumn appropriate.  To complete the look, I paired it all with my black Steve Madden boots to complete the edgy look.  I thought about wearing knee high boots but I felt that the military style boots kept the theme of the camo without overdoing it.  This look is casual yet put together so it is perfect to wear anywhere!  It is definitely one of go-to's for the rest of autumn.











Look 2:  Comfy, Casual, Classic



This outfit is basically my go to for class everyday since it is very simple, yet also put together.  The Hane's T-shirt is from the Men's section and was only $9.00 for a pack of 3 shirts.  What a steal!  To look more presentable than someone just wearing an oversized men's shirt, I paired it with some dark wash American Eagle skinny ankle jeans that I got on clearance for $30 dollars.  I rolled up the bottoms, added some leopard print flats, and a long gold chain necklace to keep this look classic and chic.  If it gets colder, add any jacket that adds some shape to your figure and you are good to go!  I love this look for everyday running around and staying comfortable in a cute way.


Look 3:  Oversized Sweaters

This is another go-to look for me.  I actually saw my brother wearing this long sleeve shirt, and I decided I needed it so I went and got one for myself.  This a simple long sleeve thermal in a dark maroon/ purple color that goes with EVERYTHING.  It is easily one of the most comfortable items in my closet which is good since I wear it so frequently.  Since it is thermal, it keeps me warm and cozy and since it is oversized it works well with leggings and boots.  I got mine in a size up just to really emphasize the "baggy sweater" trend.  This the easiest look out of the three to put together since it is just boots, sweater, and leggings.  Perfect right?!  If it is colder, you can add a chunky scarf or a military style jacket to give it some edge.



My advice is to not automatically skip over the men's section!  As I mentioned previously, it offers a lot of really great staple pieces that can be dressed up or down for an effortless look everyday.  

Hope you like it!  Let me know if any of you shop in the men's section also.

xo,
Alexandra S.

No comments:

Post a Comment