Saturday, November 2, 2013

Health- Apple Cider Vinegar

Between hearing about this product from my friends and reading about it everywhere, I have picked up on the ever amazing apple-cider vinegar.  Yes, vinegar.  While this seems a bit random, it is actually a very beneficial and multi-purposed solution to many things.

Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural cleanser, it is great for cleaning and detoxing in a gentle yet effective manner.  Here are some of the ways I like to use apple cider vinegar in my everyday life.


1. Internal Cleanser.
  You are in college therefore, it is bound to happen that between parties and late night study sessions, your stomach and liver will start to feel not so great; this is because your body needs to be cleansed and refilled with pure ingredients!  I like to sip on a mug of hot water with a about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to help cleanse my system.  And it works amazingly.  It seems to be some sort of miracle ingredient because literally five minutes later I feel so refreshed and like a new person.  I like to add a dash of agave for a natural sweetener too since it can be a bit harsh at first.


2.  Hair Rinse
     I recently tried this and fell in love. Apple cider vinegar is a great way to remove excess buildup from your hair.  Between styling products, heat, and just the days general buildup, apple cider vinegar can really help your hair.  The main ingredient in this vinegar is acetic acid which helps balance your hairs pH levels as well as promote hair growth, treat dandruff, and give your hair lots of bounce and shine.

To make this hair rinse all you need to do is mix 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar with a quart of water (distilled) and you are good to go!  To use it, shampoo your hair as normal, then spray the rinse in your hair...leave it in for only a few seconds and wash it out with cold water to lock in all the properties.  Don't condition your hair after because you won't need to and it could actually reverse the effects.  I would recommend doing this once a week.

3.  Face Mask
    I have yet to try this because I haven't had time to get the other ingredient, but apple cider vinegar is supposed to make a great face mask.  It is said to reduce inflammation and prevent break outs-  AKA the perfect remedy for every college student.  All you need to do is mix some apple cider vinegar with calcium bentonite clay powder (which you can find at any vitamin shop or health food store) and mix it together.  Coat an even layer all over your face for about 10-15 minutes and wash off with warm water.  I read that when it is on your face you can actually feel your skin pulsating, how crazy is that?! I am definitely going to try this out.

4.  All purpose Cleaner
     As if those weren't enough reasons to convince you why Apple Cider Vinegar is a magical product, it can also be used as a a natural all purpose cleaner since it is a natural disinfectant.  Just mix up 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 1 Cup water, put in a spray bottle and you can clean almost every surface.  This is great for cleaning your dorm room when a deep cleaning is necessary and you know you aren't filling your room with hardcore chemicals that are not good for your body.


I think my favorite part about apple cider vinegar is the multiple purposes I can get out of it.  It makes my life extremely cost efficient and I can treat my body with amazing care with only one product!  Apple Cider Vinegar is so cheap and can be found in any grocery store.

Let me know what you think!

xo,
Alexandra S.

No comments:

Post a Comment